Friday, June 22, 2012

Crime of the century- or is it?

     Ok, so as I sit here reading about our assignment this week and finishing up the "Crime of the Century" reflection, I found that it made me rather tired.  Listening to all the colors and looking out the window, I could visualize it all, but I guess its just a Friday and thats how I feel.  I do feel calm and at ease even though the thunderstorms are now moving through our area so we will go from very hot to comfortable weather now.  I just didn't get why it was called "crime of the century"  Anyone have an idea?
    Anyway, a review of how I feel and what I need to accomplish.  Well, physically I would put this at a 5.  Normally I would be higher, but had some surgery last week so I am not up to my norm which I would give myself an 8.  Can always improve and I am always working on my diet and physical abilities through exercise and challenging my body.  I just love to challenge myself and want to do a mud run by the fall.  Not sure where or how long, but I want to get muddy- LOL
  I would rate my psychologically at a 7.  I feel comfortable with myself but I do need to work on changing and improving my mind both through learning and through better patience with others and not judging.  I have come a long way from my experiences in life with this, but need more work.  I also would like to work on "training my mind" to get better in my running times.  I don't want to just run because I should but rather because I want to improve myself not only physically but mentality.  I still don't understand how people enjoy running a half marathon or full marathon and don't think anything about it.  Me, every minute I'm thinking about and I need to change that and refocus.
   My spirituality I think is at a 3.  I do believe in god and believe that I have past family members watching over my family and I.  I also believe that "things happen for a reason" and god does have a huge roll in this.  Taking care of patients when they are at their worst and saving them from dyeing from a car accident to cardiac arrest, I am very humbled by what happens, but don't know how to apply it yet.  I will work on this through this class and figuring out what "spirituality" truly means to me. How I will do this, I'm not really sure just yet.
Thanks everyone- Chat soon
Stay safe out there......

3 comments:

  1. Nancy, I loved your post you and I are in same boat why do they call is it called the crime of the century. I feel maybe it is because most people don't like to relax and calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,
    My spiritual faith is around the same level as yours. I look at it this way. Like you said, you feel that you have family members watching over you and that things happen for a reason. I too agree and this is my spirituality. I would like to think that there is a better place for those who are suffering in this life and do believe that once they leave this existence, they move onto a new journey. thanks for sharing, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sallie and Sherry,
    Thanks for your comments. I am trying to work on the spiritual end and always trying to improve wherever I can.
    Nanc

    ReplyDelete