Ok, so I attempted to do my Journey to relaxation tonight. My home is quiet with my husband and son working and my other son staying at a friends house. Wow, what more could I ask for regrading peace- LOL. I started the audio, but just couldn't get comfortable. I just had surgery on my legs on tuesday, so sitting is difficult and only feel most relaxed in a recliner. So thats where my computer then went with me, but no help with the itchiness of the incisions or the pain that I am currently feeling. It was very difficult for me to tune it all out. I will say though that I have tried in the past audio tapes like this to lose weight and have always enjoyed the peaceful sounds in the background like i hear when I get a massage. I will have to try this journey later during the semester. Sorry folks.
Nanc
Nancy, this type of relaxation doesn't work for everyone at all times. On another occassion I tried to listen to this type of technique and unfortunately the voice just made me want to fall asleep. Your circumstances dictate if you will be able to do this and at this time you aren't. Don't get discouraged just try again later. Also I hope your leg feels better and that you're up and at it again soon.
ReplyDeleteMarie
Hi Nancy,
ReplyDeleteI posted earlier to your blog page but did not see my comments. I hope I am doing this blogging thing correctly. I will reply back later and I hope your legs get better soon.
Marivic
Hello Nancy,
ReplyDeleteFirst thank you very much for the reminder. I needed it, has been a crazy week. I had a similar experience with the Journey On assignment. I just couldn't get relaxed due to the music and the gentleman's voice. Just not meshing well with me this week. Maybe it is because it has been so hectic. Who knows...LOL Hope you have a great week and your legs feel better.
greta
Nancy,
ReplyDeleteGreat blog and that is a rewarding experience, meditating to her soothing voice. I felt hypnotized and conflicted. One part of me loved it and wanted to grab my martial arts weapons and practice, while the other side felt embarrassed about what I saw when I looked real deep. I am not really sure as to why I felt that way but with anything that is worthwhile requires practice, perseverance and loyalty to self.
Shannon